• China is the US's 3rd largest trading partner after Canada and Mexico, at $103.9 billion in 2011.
• US export growth to China between 2000-2011 was 542%. (rest of world: 80%).
• However, the US is only China's 5th largest source of imports after the EU, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan.
• More and more US companies manufacture in China to sell to China instead of exporting.
• China currently has enough purchasing power to buy 5% of the world’s products; that figure is projected
to grow to 14% by 2015.
• China's e-commerce market is expanding rapidly. In 2011, China’s e-commerce revenue reached
$947.4 billion, a 33% increase over 2010.